REAL DUI Court in Schools Program
Law Enforcement Chaplains are on campus during the Real DUI Court Session and through lunch time to answer questions and provide interactive learning activities such as Field Sobriety Testing. Interactive activities includes students wearing vision goggles to simulate approximately 1.7 blood alcohol content to experience the lack of cognitive ability and coordination necessary to successfully complete a sobriety test.
2017-2018 DUI COURT PRESENTATIONS
For more information about Real DUI Court and how it works, click here.
Every 15 Minutes Program
The Law Enforcement Chaplaincy participates on school campuses during the Every 15 Minutes Program. Chaplains provide the following services:
1) Helping organize the event and contacting parents of the students participating.
2) Deliver the mock death notifications (together with Law Enforcement personnel) to family of students participating in the program.
3) Remove a participating student (in conjuction with school personnel) Every 15 Minutes of the school day from the classroom. A mock obituary of the student is read to the class related to a potential DUI scenario.
4) Conduct an evening retreat and debriefing with the students and parents participating in the program.
5) Remain on campus both school days to answer questions.
6) The Law Enforcement Chaplains are trained in the effects of trauma and grief and are available to help anyone effected by the events.
2017 -2018 Every 15 Minutes
Center High School
Consumnes Oaks High School
Encina High School